The University of Xiamen is now proudly offering an international scholarship to support overseas students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate program in 2017/2018 academic year at the university. A range of interesting benefits will be provided to the successful applicants. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than 30 April 2017.
XMU offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and undergraduate candidates. This year, up to 24 scholarships are awarded (including 8 for doctoral candidates, 11 for master’s candidates and 5 for undergraduate candidates). Scholarship awardees will have their tuitions covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2-3 years for master’s programmes, 4-5 years for undergraduate programmes). Moreover, XMU provides monthly living allowances for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships. The awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
- The first-class scholarships for doctoral and master’s candidates will have their tuitions covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2-3 years for master’s programmes) and offer monthly living allowance (RMB 3,500 for each doctoral student; RMB 3,000 for each master’s student). Undergraduate candidates will not be provided with the first-class scholarship.
- The second-class scholarships will have the awardees’ tuitions covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2-3 years for master’s programmes, 4-5 years for undergraduate programmes).
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and doctoral level in all area of studies.
Place of Study
At Xiamen University, China
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to eligible in scholarship, the applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25;
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40 and Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
Overseas students are welcome to apply.
To apply this scholarship, the candidate must firstly applied and admitted at one of undergraduate, master and doctoral program at Xiamen University. The detail instruction of the application procedure can be learn at the website link below.
30 April 2017.