This fellowship is fully supported by Writing Center and Washington University Libraries. Eligible candidates should be an outstanding PhD students majoring in Arts & Sciences. The successful fellows will receive $3500 of stipend each semester. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 24 July 2015.
The Writing Center and Washington University Libraries have teamed up to offer three Writing and Research Fellowships. The fellowship is open to all doctoral students in Arts & Sciences departments. The fellowship is designed for the fellow’s professional development. $3500 per semester stipend will be given to the winning candidates. The Writing Center is a free service for all students, both graduate and undergraduate who are currently enrolled at Washington University in St. Louis.
The winning applicants will receive $3500 per semester stipend.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree and research program in Arts & Sciences.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- Doctoral students in good standing in Arts & Sciences who have their advisor’s support in pursuing this opportunity
- At or near the dissertation stage
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working with and helping others
The U.S. students may apply this scholarship.
To apply, all applicants must provide all of the following compulsory documents:
- A cover letter detailing: your dissertation topic, where you are in your program, especially with regard to your dissertation, any relevant experience (though none is required), what you hope to get out of the fellowship and other commitments in the upcoming year.
- CV including contact information for at least two references, one of whom is your dissertation director
- A writing sample of not more than 10 pages
24 July 2015.