The World Bank Big Data Innovation Challenge Program is now open. Entries will be accepted until November 9, 2016. Eligible candidates should be the citizens World Bank’s member countries. Winners will receive benefit of maximum 10,000 USD.
The World Bank has launched its Big Data Innovation Challenge to find big data solution addressing two challenge areas Food Security and Nutrition and Forestry and Watersheds. The challenge is open to applicants from member countries of the World Bank. They seek to identify and recognize high potential solutions developed by individuals and organizations in the critical areas of sustainable development.
- Food Challenge: Food Security or Nutrition – Best big data solution: 10,000 USD
- Landscapes Challenge: Forestry or Watersheds – Best big data solution: 10,000 USD
- Honorable mentions: (At least 3 honorable mentions for most innovative big data solution and other recognition awards to be announced in the near future)
- All winning projects will be recognized through public communications from the World Bank Group and may be mentioned as part of a high-profile international development event. The World Bank Group may also decide to invite various participants to present their work at a workshop to facilitate dialogue and knowledge exchange.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in any field.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- This Innovation Challenge is open to individuals, students and entrepreneurs as well as start-ups, university labs, private companies, nonprofits and public sector agencies legallyestablished in member countries of the World Bank Group.
- Individuals must be of an age of majority in their country at the time of entry. Individuals may form teams and submit entries on behalf of teams. Individuals who join teams must meet the eligibility requirements for Individual Applicants.
- Organizations must be legally established entities (profit, non-profit, academic) or public sector agencies/organizations in their respective countries.
- Employees, contractors and vendors of the World Bank Group are not eligible to join the Challenge.
This scholarship is open to all citizens of World Bank’s member countries.
Please go to the link below to apply this program.
November 9, 2016.