The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Visual Arts Fellowship is now open. Only the U.S. citizens are invited to apply. They must be currently living in Virginia. The award value is ranging from $4,000 to $8,000. To apply, entries must be submitted by 4 November 2016.
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Fellowship program is a vital source of funding for the visual arts and art history in Virginia. VMFA is committed to supporting professional artists and art, and art history students who demonstrate exceptional creative ability in their chosen discipline and has awarded nearly $5.5 million to Virginia’s artists since the program’s creation over 75 years ago.
Awards are offered to:
- Professional artists: $8000
- Full-time graduate students in the visual arts or art history: $6000
- Full-time undergrad. students in the visual arts (including college-bound high school seniors): $4000
Level and Area of Studies
- Full-time graduate students in the visual arts or art history
- Full-time undergrad. students in the visual arts (including college-bound high school seniors)
Place of Study
Applicants must be citizen or permanent residents of the USA as well as current legal residents of Virginia. If you are a legal Virginia resident but attend an accredited college, university, or school of the arts outside of the state full-time, you may still apply
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must be students (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, as well as a current legal resident of Virginia, and have been so for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline.
- You must continue to be a legal resident of Virginia for the Fellowship period of Aug 2017–May 2018. A legal resident has a valid Virginia driver’s license, and/or pays income taxes in Virginia, and/or is a registered Virginia voter.
- Students paying in-state tuition to an accredited Virginia college, university, or school of the arts qualify as legal residents of Virginia. If you attend an accredited college, university, or school of the arts in Virginia but do not qualify for in-state tuition, you may not apply for a VMFA Fellowship until you establish Virginia residency. If you are a legal Virginia resident but attend an accredited college, university, or school of the arts outside of the state full-time, you may still apply. Applicants must be able to provide verification of residency upon request.
- You must be planning to be enrolled full-time and qualify as a Virginia resident as outlined above for the entire academic year Aug 2017–May 2018 at an accredited college, university, or school of the arts.
- Half-year fall semester Fellowship awards (worth $3,000 for graduate students and $2,000 for undergraduate students) may be considered on a case-by-case basis for full-time students in the final year of a degree program who plan to graduate in Dec 2017.
- Recipients of three or more
- Fellowships in any category
- Full-time VMFA employees
Applicants’ Nationality: n/a
Now an online application! Please follow instructions and guidelines available on our website www.vmfa.museum/fellowships
Application deadline is 5pm, Nov. 4, 2016
Website and Application Link www.vmfa.museum/fellowships
Fellowship Program Coordinator