The application for the UNIPRS Program are now accepted. International students from all nations other than New Zealand are invited to apply. Eligible candidates should be pursuing Masters by Research or PhD programme at the university. Successful applicants will receive covers tuition fees, living allowances and others. Applications are accepted round the year.
The University of Newcastle offers a number of postgraduate research scholarships to support international research candidates. One of these is the University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS) which is towards Master’s degree by Research or PhD degree.
Each of the winners of this scholarship will receive scholarship covers tuition fees and comes with a University living allowance scholarship (including Overseas Student Health Cover) funded either in full by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty (UNRSE); or part-funded centrally and part-funded by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty. The scholarships are limited in number and are dependent on the annual research scholarship budget allocated.
Level and Area of Studies
Masters by Research or PhD programme in any subjects offered by the the university.
Place of Study
At the University of Newcastle in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates are expected to meet the conditions as follow:
- Apply by the closing date
- Meet the University’s English proficiency requirement by the closing date (Please refer to English Proficiency Info over page)
- A Grade Point Average (GPA)of at least 5.25 out of 7 in the last two calendar years of undergraduate degree
- Honours class one or equivalent
- Research work experience
- Research studies – points are given for a coursework masters with 20% thesis component or for a research masters
- Research publications – points are given for refereed research journal articles, book chapters, research related conference publications, research related exhibitions and patents.
International students other than New Zealand are welcome to apply.
All candidates are advised to visit the application link below and learn the detail instruction of the application procedure at the website link below.
Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year.