The State University of New York (SUNY) is delighted to invited applications for the Excelsior Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to SUNY and CUNY students at the State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY). The application is available online in the late of May or early June each year.
An Excelsior Scholarship recipient can receive up to $5,500 from the Excelsior Scholarship. The Scholarship will cover tuition for eligible SUNY and CUNY students.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
At State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) in USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Nearly 80 percent or more than 940,000 families with college-aged children across New York qualify for tuition-free college at SUNY and CUNY.
- SUNY and CUNY students are eligible to apply.
- Students who are currently attending college are eligible to receive an award, provided they are currently on track to complete their degree on time. Graduate students are not eligible.
- Students who take online classes are eligible
- Students must be enrolled in college full-time and average 30 credits per year (including Summer and January semesters)
- For the 2017-18 academic year, your federal household adjusted gross income can total up to $100,000 to be eligible.
- A student who transferred from colleges is eligible for an Excelsior Scholarship if they are on track to complete on time based on the number of credits accepted by their current college.
- To be considered an NYS resident for purposes of receiving this award, you must have resided in the State for 12 continuous months prior to the term for which the award is being sought.
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
Please access the application form at the website and application link below.
The program is anticipated that the Excelsior Scholarship application will be available in late May/early June.