The University of Phoenix is currently accepting applications for the Teacher Appreciation Scholarship Program. Both U.S. residents and non-U.S residents are welcome to apply. They must be currently working at a P-12 school or school district; recipients will pursue a Master’s of Arts in Education degree at University of Phoenix. 20 full-tuition awards will be given away. All required materials must be received by February 22, 2017.
Understanding the importance of making higher education highly accessible for students of all ages and backgrounds, University of Phoenix is pleased to offer a scholarship program to current teachers or aspiring teachers. As the largest private university in North America, we take very seriously our social responsibility to our students and the communities we serve. University of Phoenix is particularly committed to making degree completion possible for non-traditional students, despite their busy lives.
Through this scholarship program, twenty (20) full-tuition scholarships will be offered.
Level and Area of Studies
Master’s of Arts in Education degree.
Place of Study
At the University of Phoenix in USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- If applicants reside in the United States* , they must meet one of the following requirements: be a legal resident of the United States; have been granted permanent residency; have a valid visa that does not prohibit educational studies; have been granted temporary protected status along with approved Notice of Action issued by Citizen Immigration Services and verified through CIS Form g-845; or have been granted asylum along with the approved Notice of Action issued by the Citizen Immigration Services. * Applicants who do not currently reside in the United States may disregard this criterion.
- Applicants must be currently working at a P-12 school or school district; recipients will pursue a Master’s of Arts in Education degree at University of Phoenix.
- Applicants may not have received a University of Phoenix full-tuition scholarship in the past.
- Applicants must not be currently enrolled nor in the process of enrolling at University of Phoenix any time prior to the scholarship award date. Applicants who enroll after submitting an application, or before, the award date are not eligible to be a recipient of this scholarship.
- Applicants must meet all admissions requirements of University of Phoenix once awarded the scholarship.
- Applicants must not be an employee (including full and part time faculty members) or family member (spouse, dependent child or domestic partner) of an employee of Apollo Education Group, Inc., University of Phoenix, Western International University, Institute for Professional Development or any other subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Inc.
- Applicants must submit a complete, signed application, together with all supporting documentation by the deadline date. The completion of the application form does not create an obligation to award a scholarship to applicant.
- Applicants must submit completed essays as described in the Essay section. High importance will be placed on the applicant’s desire to advance in their education, with an emphasis on furthering their careers, and their impact in the community in which they reside.
There is no nationality restriction.
All candidates are advised to learn the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
February 22, 2017 (11:30pm eastern)