The University of Ghana now invites applications for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship. The award is aimed to support international students pursuing master or PhD degree within the School of Public Health of the university. The winning students will receive a fully – funded scholarship. The application deadline is 31st January, 2016.
About the Sponsor (s)
TDR’s mission is to foster an effective global research effort on infectious diseases of poverty and promote the translation of innovation to health impact in disease endemic countries.
Course Level: Scholarships is offered for pursuing full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research.
Each of the winning students will receive benefits as follow:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost
- Provision of a laptop computer
- Allowance toward recommended learning materials
- Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection
- Intensive English language course to improve integration in the host institution environment, if applicable (for Francophone and Lusophone students)
Level and Area of Studies
Master and PhD degree in Public Health, Applied Health and Social Sciences and Occupational Health/Hygiene.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at the University of Ghana.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Nationals and residents from low- and middle income countries of WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master’s programme, and under 40 years of age for the PhD.
- Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
Students from low or middle income countries are invited to apply.
Application and other supporting materials must be submitted through the online system at the website and application link below.
31st January, 2016.