Applications for the Stan and Jean Perron Awards are now being accepted. The awards are available for either Australian and overseas students. They must be enrolled full-time in a research higher degree (PhD or equivalent) at a University. Winners will receive benefit of up to $10,000. The application deadline is 24 November 2017.
With the support of the Stan Perron Charitable Trust, the Telethon Kids Institute has established a prestigious award ‘The Stan and Jean Perron Award’ for the purpose of supporting new exceptional postgraduate research students who are undertaking their research at the Institute. The awards will take the form of “top-up” stipends, with potentially three awards to be given in 2017. The awards will accompany scholarships won by the recipients through partner Universities in a separate application process.
- A top-up of $5000 per year, paid in conjunction with the main university scholarship for the duration of the scholarship.
- $10,000 to be used towards the candidate’s studies. This can include training opportunities; travel to and attendance of conferences; visiting other research groups; or PhD course fees.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD research in the field of Child Health.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Enrolled full-time in a research higher degree (PhD or equivalent) at a University; and
- Conduct the research principally within the Institute under the primary supervision of one or more of the Institute’s researchers; and
- Will be located at the Institute for the majority of their working week; and
- Have achieved First Class Honours (or equivalent); and
- Have been awarded an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent such as a NHMRC Dora Lush award.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
24 November 2017.