This scholarship is especially open to students from refugee backgrounds pursuing undergraduate program at Macquarie University. Each applicants will be evaluated based on his or her financial needs. Annually, two awards available, each of those amounting up to $5198 per year which is tenable for maximum four years. The application deadline is 12 July 2017.
Macquarie University recognises the particular financial and other support needs of students from a refugee background. Two scholarships will be offered each year to students from refugee backgrounds. These scholarships complement the University’s Refugee Mentoring Program, which aims to raise aspirations towards tertiary study among refugee children.
Value and Tenure
Each of the successful applicants will receive benefits of $5198 per year for up to four years (value indexed each year).
Level and Area of Study
Undergraduate degree in all subjects offered by the host institution.
Place of Study
At Macquarie University, Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, the applicants are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- demonstrate financial need;
- have arrived in Australia with a recognised Commonwealth Government humanitarian visa subclass;
- consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition, can demonstrate: sole parent or career responsibilities; English language difficulty; effects of trauma and/or abuse; long-term medical condition or disability; coming from a rural or remote area.
- Be successful in obtaining an offer to Macquarie University through either UAC or a direct Macquarie admission scheme.
- Be intending to study full time internally. A full time waiver can be granted in instances where the applicant can demonstrate a need to study part time (career responsibilities, long term medical condition, employment demands).
This scholarship open to students from a refugee background.
The application can be submitted online. Please click the link below to apply.
12 July 2017.