Entries for the APTF Scholarship are accepted. At least $2,500 will be awarded to each of the scholarship winners. To be qualified all candidates should be enrolled in a fully accredited institution with minimum 3,0 of GPA. To apply, applicants are required to write an essay on the topic question below. The application deadline is 16 June 2017.
The mission of the American Public Transportation Foundation (APTF) is to increase and retain the number of individuals choosing the transit field as a career by providing scholarships and engagement opportunities to deserving students and transit professionals – our future leaders.
Each of the winners of this scholarship will be granted minimum $2,500 and maximum $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
- College sophomores (30 hours or more satisfactorily completed), juniors, seniors, or those seeking advanced degrees may apply for scholarships.
- Enrolled in a fully accredited institution, have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in course work that is relevant to the industry or required of a degree program, and demonstrate a strong interest in entering the public transportation industry.
- All applicants must be sponsored by a member organization of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA). Any member may serve as a sponsor.
The U.S. students are welcome to apply.
A completed on-line application must be submitted, with all required supporting documents, submitted online and shall include the following:
- Essay on “What segment of the public transportation industry interests you and why?” (1,000 words maximum);
- Three letters of recommendation as described in the application form;
- A statement of financial need;
- Official school transcripts;
- Verification of enrollment for the upcoming fall semester; and
- Copy of the fee schedule from the college/university for the academic year.
- Signature of APTA sponsor.
16 June 2017.
All questions about this scholarship can be directed to Mariah Stanley at email@example.com