Entries for the Project ASCEND Scholars Program are now accepted. Any disabled students living in Washington, DC are invited to apply. Up to five best candidates will be evaluated to receive $1,000 each. To apply, candidates are requires to provide an essay responding the topic question below. The essay and other materials must be submitted by 1 October 2015.
Project ASCEND is glad to announce the Scholars Program that is available for the disable students of Washington, DC metropolitan area. The program is made probable by the Advocates in Disability Award Program and funded by the HSC Foundation and the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation.
Each of the scholarship winners will be granted $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The Project ASCEND Scholars Program open to students who are satisfying the criteria as follow:
- Disable students who are living in the Washington, DC metropolitan area (i.e. Northern Virginia, District of Columbia and Maryland) are welcome to apply.
- A person living with a physical or mental disability
- Between the ages of 16-26
- Enrolled in a university or community college in the immediate Washington, DC metropolitan area (Northern Virginia, District of Columbia or Maryland)
Only U.S students are invited to apply.
To apply, candidate must complete the application form and write an essay based on the topic questions as follow:
- How has having a disability impacted your life and education?
- How can the United States government improve education for students with disabilities?
- How are you making a change in your community and how will you continue to do so with this scholarship?
1 October 2015.