Nan Tien Institute in Australia annually offers a scholarship for postgraduate students. Australian and permanent resident of Australia is the main criteria of this scholarship. In addition, working experiences in humanity fields are also required. If you are interested to apply this scholarship please complete and submit your application by the deadline listed at the web-link below.
This scholarship is offered by Nan Tien Institute for students wanting to pursue a postgraduate program in Applied Buddhist Studies or Health and Social Wellbeing with a view to conducting a significant research study towards the end of their Masters qualification. These Scholarships are offered annually to encourage postgraduate study in Applied Buddhist Studies or Health and Social Wellbeing.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees only amounting AUD$4,600.
Level And Area of Studies
This award available for students who want to pursue PhD in Applied Buddhist Studies or Health and Social Wellbeing.
Place of Study
Nan Tien Institute, Australia
Eligibility and Criteria
The following are the main requirement of this postgraduate scholarship:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- have either a bachelor degree with a major in humanities or social sciences or relevant working experience and professional training over at least 3 years, for example in counselling, teaching and related areas;
- be proficient in English (i.e. completed tertiary studies in English) or have IELTS (academic version only) 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each subtest or TOEFL equivalent;
- be a commencing student or an existing continuing student
reapply each year for scholarship funding (excluding the Research Pathway Scholarship).
Applicants must be able to address at least three of the following selection criteria:
- reasons for undertaking the proposed program of study, such as your academic and career goals;
- relevant background/reasons to pursue Buddhist studies;
- academic merit or other outstanding achievements;
- demonstrated commitment and evidence of long-term contribution to supporting disadvantaged individuals and/or communities;
economic or social barriers, such as financial hardship.
Selection of candidates is conducted through a competitive process whereby applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria and also write a statement addressing a set of selection criteria. The Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit and the level of financial need.
Other requirement may also be mentioned at website and application link below. Please visit for further.
Complete and submit the Application Form, along with your Application for Admission Form by the closing date
Varies. Please visit the application link below for further information.
Contact the Nan Tien Institute office with specific questions on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 02 4272 0618.