The POGO and the Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) is pleased to invite applications for the POGO-SCOR visiting fellowship program. The fellowship is exclusively intended to scientists, technicians, graduate students (PhD) and post-doctoral fellows involved in oceanographic work at centres in developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This award covers all of the related expenses for 1 – 3 month period.
The visiting fellowship covers all of the items as follow:
- 1-3 month visit to another oceanographic institute anywhere in the world
- Training on any aspect of oceanographic observations, analyses, and interpretation
- International airfare
- Transport from airport to host institution
- Contribution towards living expenses
Level and Area of Studies
Visiting research program in fields as follow:
- Fixed-point time-series observations (e.g. contributing to OceanSITES, ChloroGIN, Antares)
- Large-scale, operational biological observations including biodiversity (e.g. Continuous Plankton Recorder)
- Emerging technologies for ocean observations
- Coastal observations/ Coastal zone management
- Oxygen and Other Biogeochemical Sensors on Floats and Gliders
- Time series measurements of N2O and CH4
- Ocean and coastal modelling
- Data management
- Argo floats
Place of Study
The research will be taken in any developing countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The POGO-SCOR Visiting Fellowships program is open to scientists, technicians, graduate students (PhD) and post-doctoral fellows involved in oceanographic work at centres in developing countries and countries with economies in transition.
- Priority is given to applicants in early stages of career development.
Candidates should be the citizens of the developing countries.
Please see the detail instruction at the link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in April each year.