Each year, the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA) invites applications for the Law Student Diversity Scholarship. This scholarship is intended to qualifying students at Ohio law schools. Three best applicants will be selected to receive $1,250 scholarship. To apply, all required materials must be received by April 21, 2017.
The Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA) is announcing its annual Law Student Diversity Scholarship program. OACTA encourages diversity in all aspects of its activities and is committed to nurturing a culture that supports and promotes diversity.
Up three students will be chosen to receive $1,250 each.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in law subjects.
Place of Study
At Ohio law School in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to incoming second and third-year African American, Hispanic, Asian, Pan Asian and Native American students enrolled at Ohio law schools.
- Incoming second and third-year female law students enrolled at Ohio law schools are also eligible regardless of race or ethnicity.
- Academic achievement in law school
- Professional interest in civil defense practice
- Service to community and to the cause of diversity
The U.S nationals may apply this scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Law school transcript
- A cover letter addressing the following: academic, personal and professional accomplishments, and why they should be selected as a recipient of the scholarship
- Applicants may submit up to three letters of recommendation
April 21, 2017.