The New Zealand Government is pleased to offer a number of New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships for 2017/18 academic year. Students from all nationals are welcome to apply. He or she must be undertaking PhD degree at one of the eligible New Zealand universities. All of the related expense will be covered with this NZIDRS Program. The closing date of application is 30 August 2017.
The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years: university tuition fees and associated student levies, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 (tax-free), and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Degree Programme in any discipline offered by the participating Universities.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at one these universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, you must satisfying the requirement as follow:
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 1 July 2016
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
All nationals other than Australia and New Zealand.
Fully-detailed information of the application procedure can be found at the link below.
30 August 2017.