This grant is offered twice a year by Nagao Natural Environment Foundation. Scholars from developing countries in Asia-Pacific region are welcome to apply. To be eligible the candidates should be working full-time or is being enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in his/her home country. The selected scholars are expected to do research in the field of natural conservation in Asia-Pacific region. The awardees will receive up to 500,000 YEN. The application deadlines are 17 April, 2017 and 16 October, 2017.
The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year. Other benefits may also be given.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in natural conservation.
Place of Study
In a developing country in Asian-Pacific region.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region;
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course;
- have sufficient experience in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF; and
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
This award only available for those coming from developing countries in Asia-Pacific region.
All applicants are advised to visit the application link below to see further instruction.
17 April 2017 and 16 October 2017.