The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund are currently offering a demanding sport scholarship of David J. Stern Sports Scholarship. This scholarship available for college or university students who are interested in sport. The winner will receive up to $10,000 for a-three year tenure. The application deadline is 4 June 2017.
The David J. Stern Sports Scholarship is mainly purposed to provide opportunity for talented and enthusiastic student to enhance his or her studies at a college or university of his or her choice, including any one of the nation’s 4-year Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The scholarship awarded each year will be determined on the basis of merit and need.
Value and Tenure
The successful applicants will receive $10,000/month or $30,000 in total which tenable for three years.
Level and Area of Studies
Four-year college or university level in any subjects. Please note, each candidates must be in interested in sport.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible all candidates are expected to meet all of the criteria as follow:
- Student must be enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university.
- Open to all majors with an interest in sports.
- Classified as a sophomore as of the beginning of Fall 2017
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale and maintains such grade point average in each contract year in which the student receives a scholarship
- Recipients must meet certain GPA and conduct requirements each academic year to remain eligible for renewal
The U.S. students are invited to apply.
To apply, all candidates must visit the application link below and learn the detail instruction of the web-page.
4 June 2017.