The Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is delighted to offer a number of scholarships for overseas students who will be undertaking master or PhD degree in China. This scholarship covers all of the related expenses including one-time round-trip international air ticket.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2017, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Value and Tenure
This is a fully funded scholarship, all of the relevant cost will be covered. This scholarship is tenable up to 3 years for masters and 4 years for doctoral program.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to meet the requirements as listed below:
- be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency.
International students except Chinese are welcome to apply.
The application should be made online. Please make sure that you provide the documents as follow:
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Please anticipate the deadline in April each year.