The Miller Institute for Basic Research in Science, University of California is delighted to invite world-wide scholars to apply the Miller Research Fellowship. To be eligible, candidates should have been awarded, or are about to be awarded, the doctoral degree. The successful fellows are expected to do research in the area of basic science at Berkeley campus. This year, up to ten awards available, each of those covers a range of interesting benefits as listed below. To apply, the application package must be received no later than 10 October 2017.
The Miller Institute for Basic Research in Science invites department chairs, faculty advisors, professors and research scientists at institutions around the world to submit online nominations for Miller Research Fellowships in the basic sciences. The Miller Institute seeks to discover and encourage individuals of outstanding talent, and to provide them with the opportunity to pursue their research on the Berkeley campus. Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic achievement and the promise of their scientific research. Miller Fellows also have a keen curiosity about all science and share an appreciation for an interdisciplinary experience. The Miller Institute is the sponsor and the administrative home department for each Miller Fellow who is hosted by an academic department on the Berkeley campus. All research is performed in the facilities provided by the host UC Berkeley academic department(s).
Each of the winners of this fellowship will be granted the benefits as follow:
- A stipend of $65,000 with annual increases on subsequent anniversary dates.
- A research fund of $10,000 per annum to be used in support of research during the Miller Fellowship, for a total compensation package of $75,000.
- Miller Fellows are entitled to all normal holidays observed by the University and are granted an annual bank of 24 days of personal time off. Personal time does not carry forward.
- Twelve days of sick leave are granted annually.
- There is provision for travel to Berkeley for Miller Fellows and their immediate families. An additional allowance of $3,000 is allowed for the transport of personal belongings.
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance are provided, with Miller Fellows making a small contribution towards the premium. Long term disability is voluntary.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of basic sciences.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The detail requirement and criteria can be seen completely at the official web-page at the link below.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please see the detail instruction at the application link below
- Deadline for Nominations: September 10, 2017
- Completed applications are due October 10, 2017