The University of Milan-Bicocca in Italy is delighted to offer a PhD Scholarship majoring in Statistics and Mathematical Finance related field. This scholarship available for both Italian and overseas students. This year, six awards available. Each of the awardees will receive monthly award amounting up to €1300,00. Other benefits may also be given. To apply, all entries must be received no later than 15 June 2015.
The PhD in Statistics and Mathematics for finance is a three-year graduate programme for students holding a degree equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale (Master of Arts/Master of Science) and an interest in pursuing research in the field of Statistics or Mathematics for finance.
The selected scholars will receive the benefits of approximately €1300,00 net per month. If a student is granted permission to complete her/his PhD abroad, the scholarship is increased by 50%.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in Statistics, and Mathematics for Finance.
Place of Study
At the University of Milan-Bicocca, Italy
Eligibility and Criteria
(1) For candidates holding, or expected to obtain before September 2015, an Italian Laurea Magistrale or Laurea Specialistica, the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, a written test and an interview.
(2) For candidates holding, or expected to obtain before September 2015, a non-Italian Master of Arts/Sciences (or equivalent) degree, the selection is based on the curriculum vitae, two reference letters written by scholars in the appropriate field (Statistics or Mathematics for Finance), and a long distance interview (conference call) with the candidate.
(3) English fluency is required to attend the programme, and will be assessed during the interview.
There is no nationality restriction.
To apply, applicants are required to provide the documents below:
1. Motivation statement (1 page);
2. Curriculum vitae;
3. Two reference letters written by scholars in the appropriate field
15 June 2015.