The Microsoft disAbility Scholarship Program is now open. Students from all over the world are welcome to apply. They must be current high school senior with living with a disAbility. The winners will receive benefit of maximum $20,000. No application will be accepted after 15 March annually.
The disability scholarship at Microsoft delivers on the mission of Microsoft’s cross-disability employee resource group to empower and enable people with disabilities. This scholarship enables high school students with disabilities to go to college and target a career in the technology industry. This scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and have a financial need.
The amount of this renewable scholarship to be awarded is $5,000 per year, up to $20,000.
Level and Area of Studies
High school level in any field. However candidates must be planning to attend college for studying engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field.
Place of Study: Any.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a current high school senior with living with a disAbility (as defined by WHO), whether that be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disAbility.
- Open to international students
- Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a 2 or 4-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation. Schools must be in the USA or have a USA-Affiliate for financial transactions (contact Seattle Foundation to verify non-USA school’s eligibility).
- Declare a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half-time.
There is no nationality restriction.
Detail instruction of this scholarship can be seen at the link below.
15 March annually.