Each year, the applications for Marshall Scholarships are invited. This is open to to the United States students who will be pursuing graduate degree UK’s institution. Up to 40 full scholarships are granted annually. Please anticipate the application deadline in the early of October each year.
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study. The Marshall Scholarships is purposed to:
- To enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country’s future leaders, to study in the UK.
- To help Scholars gain an understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain.
- To contribute to the advancement of knowledge in science, technology, the humanities and social sciences and the creative arts at Britain’s centres of academic excellence.
- To motivate Scholars to act as ambassadors from the USA to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives thus strengthening British American understanding.
- To promote the personal and academic fulfilment of each Scholar.
Marshall Scholarships cover University fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate level in any field of studies.
Place of Study
In the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
Marshall Scholarship open only to United States citizens who (at the time they take up their Scholarship) hold a first degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.7.
Only U.S students are invited to apply.
Please see the detail instruction at the website and application link below.
Early-October of year preceding tenure.