Entries for the Luis E. Torres Scholarship Award are now accepted. Students with illness or disability are exclusively invited to apply. The most deserving applicants will receive benefit of award amounting up to $1,000. The applications are now open.
The Luis E. Torres Scholarship Award is designed to assist students who have overcome a medical hardship in pursuit of higher education. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors, community college students, community college transfer students, undergraduate students and graduates students.
The scholarship value ranging from $500 – $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in all subjects.
Place of Study
At an accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam.
Eligibility and Criteria
All participants are required to meet all the conditions as follow:
- Scholarships awarded to individual(s) with a documented illness/disability
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2016-2017 academic year
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be pursuing first undergraduate or graduate degree
The U.S. students are invited to apply.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
Applications are now open.