Against the Grain Productions (ATG) is delighted to invite applications for the #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship. Only the U.S. legal residents are welcome to apply. He or she must be of at least 50% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and currently studying fashion and/or graphic design. The winning students will receive benefit of $1,000. The application deadline is 15 May 2017.
The #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship is purposed to provide financial assistance and promotion of Asian American college students pursuing a major in fashion and/or graphic design.
Successful candidates will be granted $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in fashion and/or graphic design.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be of at least 50% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be either a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. vocational, junior college, or four-year college/university and must be a full- time, degree-seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year and pursuing a major in fashion or graphic design.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)Family members of Board members are ineligible
In addition, students will be selected based on the criteria as follow:
- Quality of content submission (essay, artistic portfolio)
- Academic performance
- Leadership/community service experience and contribution
- Letters of recommendation Phone/in-person committee interview
Only the U.S. nationals are invited to apply.
Please see the detail guideline at the link below.
– Application Deadline: May 15, 2017
– Winner Announcement: August 2017