KDDI Foundation is delighted to offer a number of international scholarships for student who are enrolled as master or PhD students in any related field as mentioned below. Eligible candidates should be the citizens of the countries listed below. Up to ten students will be chosen to receive the awards that cover 10,000 Yen/month. The application deadline is vary.
The KDDI Foundation Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s and doctoral program in the field of Law, politics, economics, society, culture, in the fields of technology, information and communication, or related matters at designated universities. The KDDI Foundation contributes to the harmonious development of the world by awarding grants in a wide range of areas related to telecommunications.
Each winner will receive a monthly grant of 10,000 Yen.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and PhD degree in the field of Law, politics, economics, society, culture, in the fields of technology, information and communication, or related matters.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Those who have a nationality other than Japan (persons having dual nationality of Japan and other countries for the application cannot apply.
- A person who has the status of residence “College Student”
- Before April 1, who is less than or equal to 35-year-old
- The University of the Foundation through during the application and during the grant period to request a recommendation (hereinafter referred to as “designated school”)
- MSc or those who enrolled in the doctoral program as a regular student (research students, enrollment, admissions prospects of those who are not applicants)
- Enrolled in the master’s program of the designated school, the person to go on to doctoral programs in the grant at the start of or grant period, applicants Allowed (Submit a certificate of enrollment in post-academic)
- Those enrolled in Ph.D. three years is subject to a degree (described in p.5 “professor letter of recommendation”) of the application form
Students from the following countries are welcome to apply: Asia (India, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, East Timor, the Philippines, Bhutan, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Maldives, Mongolia, Laos), the Middle East (Afghanistan, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon), Pacific Ocean State region (Kiribati, Cook Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Tonga, Nauru, Niue, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Fiji, Marshall, Micronesia), Europe (Iceland, Azerbaijan, Albania, Armenia, Andorra, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Greece, Kyrgyzstan, Croatia, Kosovo, Georgia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Tajikistan, the Czech Republic, Turkmenistan, Hungary, Bulgaria, Belarus, Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania), Africa (all countries), Latin America and the Caribbean (all countries).
Please click the website and application link below to see further detail of application procedure.
The deadline varies from university to university.