The prospective college or university Canadian students are annually invited to apply the June Callwood Harmony Scholarships. To be eligible, he or she must be actively participate in building harmony and equity in his or her schools or community. Each of the successful applicants will receive up to $1,000. Please anticipate the application deadline at the end of June each year.
Up to ten scholarships in memory of June Callwood are awarded each year to graduating high school students from across Canada who will be attending university or college. These students are highly active in combating racism and discrimination in their schools and communities by building on the values of harmony and equity. Scholarships are awarded annually at our Harmony Award Gala.
Each of the selected applicants will receive $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
The study should be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be qualified, all candidates are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- High school graduate
- Will be attending a postsecondary institution in the fall and have done work on diversity issues such as the following: Race and Ethnicity, Class, Family, Gender, Age, Ability, Regionalism and Sexual Orientation
- We particularly encourage applications from youth who identify as:
– racialized/a person of colour
– First Nations, Métis, or Inuit
– a person with a disability
– a person from a low-income household
– a newcomer
– someone who has experienced systemic barriers based on a part of their identity not listed above.
Canadian students are welcome to apply.
The application form can be downloaded at the website and application link below.
You may anticipate the deadline at the end of June each year.