The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz is glad to offer a number of Hector Pioneer Fellowships. Fellows will participate in the two 5-year Research Fellowship Programmes in any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz and one 5-year Hector Pioneer Fellowship in the STEM fields represented at the University of Konstanz. No application will be accepted after June 13, 2017.
The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers two 5-year Research Fellowships (any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz) and, in collaboration with the Hector Stiftung II, one 5-year Hector Pioneer Fellowship (in the STEM fields represented at the University of Konstanz) (Salary Scale TV-L 14).
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted and defended) and have acquired five years of postdoctoral research experience at most.
- Candidates must not hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Candidates must have applied for a research group grant of at least 50,000 € or an equivalent amount of funding. This external grant should be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg, and should be obtained in a competitive process. A Fellowship offer is conditional on the approval of the external grant application. Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible.
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Hosts) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from the department strengthens the application.
- For the Hector Pioneer Fellowship: Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with one of the STEM disciplines and ideally with one of the academic focus areas of the University of Konstanz.
There is no nationality restriction.
All interested candidates are advised to click the link below to see detail guideline of application procedure.
June 13, 2017.