The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) is glad to announce the IAF Grassroots Development Fellowship Program. Applications will be accepted no later than January 11, 2017. This call is intended to the U.S doctoral students who are studying field that related to topics on grassroots development. A range of interesting benefits will be given such as research allowance, monthly stipend and travel cost.
The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) is offering IAF Grassroots Development Fellowship. If you are a U.S. citizens or citizens of independent Latin American and Caribbean countries enrolled in PhD Program, you can apply. IAF’s Fellowships are intended to increase awareness of grassroots development efforts.
- Round-trip economy-class transportation to the field research site from the Fellow’s primary residence (in compliance with the Fly America Act)
- A research allowance of up to $3,000, pro-rated monthly
- A stipend of $1,500 per month for up to 12 months, with partial months pro-rated
- Accident and sickness insurance or an allowance for Fellows who are native to the country of the research
- Attendance at a required orientation workshop at IAF’s office in Washington, D.C. to meet IAF staff and create synergies between the Fellow’s research and IAF work
- Attendance at a required “mid-year” Grassroots Development Conference to share findings and discuss progress with each other, members of the IAF’s academic review committee and IAFand IIE staff
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in Grassroots Development studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in a U.S. university.
- The applicant’s research must be related to topics on grassroots development in the region.
- Successful applicants must have completed all course requirements and qualifying or comprehensive examinations for the doctoral degree before initiating IAF-funded field research. Candidacy is not required at the time of application.
- Proposals must be for research conducted in independent Latin American and Caribbean countries (except Cuba). Research in Puerto Rico or the Dutch, French and British territories is not eligible.
- Applicants must speak and read the language(s) appropriate to the research. An evaluation is required for each language, native speakers must self-evaluate and send the required form.
- Each applicant must demonstrate at least one planned substantive collaboration during the field research period with a development or applied research institution in the Latin American or Caribbean country of the research. A letter confirming this affiliation is required.
- Applicants must commit to participating in at least one meeting or event organized by the IAF team in the country of the research.
- Applications for clinical research in the health field will NOT be considered.
- The applicant must demonstrate awareness of the IAF’s program in the country (ies) of his/he research.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or citizens of independent Latin American and Caribbean countries (except Cuba).
All interested candidates are advised to visit the website and application link below to learn further instruction of application procedure.
January 11, 2017