The World Pathology Foundation is now offering the Gordon Signy Fellowship for international pathologists. The fellows will have opportunity to learn laboratory technique of pathology. He or she will receive award valued up to $5,000 at the beginning of the training. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than June 30 2017.
Gordon Signy Fellowships enable young pathologists from countries with limited resources to visit centers of renowned excellence in other countries and to learn laboratory techniques that will be of benefit to the services provided from their laboratories when they return home. These Fellowships consist of financial support and, from 1975 to 2013, forty-three young pathologists from 22 countries have received a Fellowship.
The Fellowship provides an award of US $5,000 payable in two installments, the first US $4,500 at the beginning of a period of study and US $500 upon receipt of Fellows’ reports of their experiences (see item 11 below). For training periods exceeding 89 days and at the discretion of the Regents of the Fellowship, an award of up to US $7,500 may be provided.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and training program in the field of pathology.
Place of Study
This program can be taken worldwide.
Eligibility and Criteria
The candidates are expected to meet all of the following criteria:
- Completion of training in pathology or one of its branches prior to the beginning of the proposed fellowship training
- Training completed not more than 10 years prior to application deadline
- Training must be in a country other than the applicant’s own
- Applicant must undertake to return to own country on completion of fellowship
- Evidence that those under whom applicant is going to work approve the proposed course of study (letter of acceptance)
- Must submit a report to the World Pathology Foundation
There is no nationality restriction.
The detail description of the application procedure can be learn further at the application link below.
30 June 2017