The Georgia Hope Scholarship is available on annual basis. Entries are accepted three times a year. The scholarship is open to either a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen. They must enrolled at a USG eligible postsecondary institution in matriculated status leading to a degree. Please antcipate deadline in April, July and November each year.
The HOPE Scholarship is provided by the Georgia Lottery for Education and it is available only to degree-seeking undergraduate students who meet the definition of a Georgia Resident for HOPE Scholarship Purposes. HOPE Scholarship recipients must have a cumulative 3.0 HOPE GPA after the 30th, 60th and 90th attempted hour. Percentage (%) of tuition to be paid will be determined annually to the winning candidates.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A student must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen and meet the requirements to be classified as a Georgia resident according to University System of Georgia (USG) in-state tuition policy for either 12 or 24 consecutive months immediately prior to the first day of classes of the school term for which the HOPE Scholarship is sought.
- HOPE Scholarship recipients must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the end of each spring semester to continue eligibility
- Be enrolled at a USG eligible postsecondary institution in matriculated status leading to a degree.
- Be a legal resident of Georgia for tuition purposes.
- Register with Selective Service (men only).
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a federal or state financial aid program.
- Not have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Please apply this scholarship through the website and application link below.
– Summer Semester: July 17
– Fall Semester: November 17
– Spring Semester: April 15
Website and Application Link
If you have any question, contact at Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC): 770-724-9000 or 800-505-GSFC (4732) or GAfutures.org.