The Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows program is now open. Candidates from all over the world are welcome to apply. The winning fellows will receive benefits of annual and travel stipend. Those stipend will be used for 10 months periods attending events or conferences. The closing date of application is 21 May 2017.
Ford Foundation and Mozilla would like to announce its third annual “Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows program”. The fellowship program is an international leadership initiative that brings together technology talent and civil society organizations to advance and protect the open Web.
Fellows who will win the fellowship program receive a $60,000 annual stipend (allocated over the 10-month period) fellows also receive a travel stipend and the cost of travel for fellowship required events/conferences are also covered.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in any field.
Place of Study
Eligibility and Criteria
- Open to cryptographers, community organizers, educators and makers from around the world.
- Champion the open Internet in collaboration with their fellowship cohort peers
- Are an active contributor to the work, culture, and mission of the host organization
- Participate in Mozilla-organized events, such as conferences, and bi-weekly calls, and community events (MozFest, etc.)
- Communicate and share openly their work on an ongoing basis (e.g., blog posts)
There is no nationality restriction.
Application can be made through the link below.
May 21, 2017, 11:59 PM PST