Applications are now invited for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool Programme. The scholarship award supports students undertaking 3-9 months for doctoral level studies and research at Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes. The winning students will be granted a monthly allowance of EUR 1,500. Please anticipate the application deadline in the mid of February each year.
The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes. The 2017-2018 Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields. The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
The scholarship winner will receive benefit of a monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance is sufficient for one person only.
Level and Area of Studies
3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research in all disciplines.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Finland.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates must meet the criteria as follow:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’);
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project;
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying -intend to pursue post;
- Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland;
- priority will be given to doctoral studies -not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland;
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed below
Only those coming from the following countries are invited to apply: Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Republic of Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and USA.
To apply, all candidates must submit all of the materials as follow:
- a completed and signed application form;
- curriculum vitae;
- copies of latest diplomas;
- two letters of recommendation;
- study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results);
- invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland -language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills
Mid February each year.