DRD is delighted to offer a number of maser and PhD scholarship for highly talented students from sub-Saharan African countries who will be undertaking eligible programs either in South Africa or Germany. This scholarship covers all of the related expenses during the program’s period. The application deadline is 31 July 2016.
The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.
Each of the winners of this scholarship will receive benefit of monthly allowances of 650 Euro for Master candidates and 900 Euro for PhD candidates plus travel allowances. Mobility scholarships are also available for Master students each year.
Level and Area of Studies
This scholarship support the courses as follow:
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme)
- the different PhD options at the centre ( PhD UWC)
Place of Study
The study can be taken either in South Africa or Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Applicants should apply within 3 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
South African country students are welcome to apply.
Detail information of the application procedure can be seen at the website link below.
31 July 2017.