The National University of Ireland and the Royal College of Surgeons are proudly invite application for the Dilmun PhD Scholarship. Eligible candidates are expected to do doctoral research in the area of Translational/Clinical Science, Basic Science and Population Health. The most deserving candidates will be granted fully -funded award for five years. The application deadline is 8 August 2015.
The Dilmun Scholar Programme is a new structured PhD programme that is being delivered by RCSI Bahrain in collaboration with RCSI Dublin, bringing together the complementary research expertise in RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain. Students will be registered with RCSI Dublin. This Programme provides a rare opportunity to avail of a fully-funded PhD, offering students an excellent opportunity to develop as leaders in their chosen field.
Value and Tenure
Scholarships will provide full funding (student stipend BHD600/- per month = 1600 US$ per month). Those awards are tenable for maximum five years.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in one these three area of studies; Population Health, Basic Science and Translational / Clinical Science.
Place of Study
At the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland Dublin
Eligibility and Criteria
- Dilmun PhD Full Scholarship Applications are invited from high achieving students who are passionate about pursuing research within the areas of Translational/Clinical Science, Basic Science and Population Health.
- RCSI requires students to have completed 12 years in high school (in the scientific stream).
- Students must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in science or equivalent in related field, with a minimum score of 2.1. In addition, students must hold a Master’s Degree in Science or related field.
- Students spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, a TOEFL or IELTS test is required. RCSI seeks a minimum TOEFL test score of 577 (paper based test), 230 (computer based test), 88-89 (internet based test) or a score of 6.5 under the IELTS test.
Both Irish and overseas students are invited to apply.
The application packet must be consisting all of the materials as follow:
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in the chosen subject area
- Copies of high school certificate
- Copies of transcripts / degree/s
- Proven proficiency in the English language (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Clear copy of your valid passport
- Current copy of your C.V. (3 pages maximum)
8 August 2015.