Freie Universitat Berlin is currently accepting applications for the Dahlem Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs. Scholars from any country and any discipline are welcome to apply. 15 fellows will be selected to receive the awards. They will spend minimum six months doing research in Germany. Interesting salary and other benefit will be given to the winning applicant. No application will be accepted after March 15, 2017.
The aim of the Dahlem Postdoctoral Fellowships is to recruit, regain and retain the best brains and to support junior researchers in their academic career development and the transition to the next career step. Fellowships are open to outstanding postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines and nationalities with at least six months’ international research experience, who completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years ago.
- Up to 14 months’ research funding, starting November 1, 2017
- An employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- A monthly research allowance (300 Euro for office-based/ 600 Euro for field-trip-based/ 900 Euro for lab-based projects)
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin
- A fully funded intensive German course
- A tailored qualification program delivered by Dahlem Research School
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in any field.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants have to submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin. The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who:
- Hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline)
- Completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (the date on the doctoral certificate applies). For applicants with children, one year per child will be added to the permitted duration.
- Have at least six months’ international research experience, three months of which must be an uninterrupted stay.
- Applicants with between 6 and 12 months’ international research experience have to include an international research stay in their project plan, with the aim to give them a full 12 months’ international research experience by the end of their DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP. In this case, the international stay becomes a mandatory part of the fellowship. For applicants with 12 months’ international research experience or more, an international stay is optional.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please go to the link below to see detail guideline of application procedure.
March 15, 2017.