Custody X Change is pleased to invite applications for the Single Parent Scholarship Program. This call is intended to single parent who are going to attend college. Only the United States residents are invited to apply. They must be minimum 18 years of age. Two winners will be selected to receive $1,000 each. The deadline is Jul 31st, 2017.
There are over 13.5 million single parents residing in the United States. Due to the high cost of attending college, along with the difficulties of balancing work and child care, further education is not always possible. At Custody X Change, we believe everybody should have the opportunity to attend college, regardless of their circumstances. Single parents often struggle to accumulate funds and maintain a decent standard of living while studying. The fear of being unable to provide adequate child care often overshadows academic aspirations.
Each year, we offer two $1,000 scholarships to single parents going to college.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a U.S. Resident over the age of 18
- Have primary physical custody of one or more minor children
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited college
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Only U.S. residents are welcome to apply.
To apply, students are required to write a 400 to 500 word essay addressing to this topic: “How do you plan on using your education to improve your family’s life?”
- Feb 1st, 2017: First day we are accepting applications
- Jul 31st, 2017: Last day we are accepting applications
- Aug 31st, 2017: Recipients will be notified by this date