Entries for the Civil Society Leadership Awards are now being accepted. The award provides covers all of the related expenses of students pursuing master degree in one of the eligible courses listed below. The closing date of application is 15 July 2017.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provide fully funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
CSLA grantees receive full funding for their degree studies, including accommodation and travel to the CSLA summer school prior to their studies, return travel to their host university, a living stipend for the duration of their studies, tuition fees and health insurance, a small fund for professional development, and travel to grantee conferences.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in one of the courses as follow:
• Communications & Media
• Culture, History & Society
• Development Studies
• Education Management & Leadership
• Environment & Natural Resource Management
• Human Rights and/or Gender Studies
• Law (including Human Rights law)
• Politics & International Studies
• Public Health & Health Management
• Public Policy & Administration
• Social Work & Social Policy
Place of Study
The study will be taken in China, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, UK and United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- be a citizen of an eligible country
- demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- have excellent academic records and an earned bachelor’s degree before applying
- have proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German, or French) at a level required for admission by partner universities, as evidenced by standardized language test scores
- be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018
- be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development
Only the citizens of these countries are invited to apply: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
Interested applicants must complete and submit an online or paper CSLA application in English to be considered for CSLA support.
15 July 2017.