Applications for the British Society for Cell Biology Summer Studentships are now being accepted. Eligible candidates are those who have yet to complete their first degree, usually prior to their final year of studies. This eight-week program provides £180 per week. To apply, all required materials must be received by March 31st 2017.
The British Society for Cell Biology is offering studentships for international applicants for pursuing undergraduate programme in cell biology during their summer vacation. The aim of this BSCB Summer program is to encourage students to consider a post-graduate research career in cell biology after their undergraduate studies.
Each of the winners will be granted a weekly stipend of £180.
Level and Area of Studies
Studentships offer financial support for high caliber undergraduate students, who wish to gain research experience in cell biology during their summer vacation.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Studentships will only be awarded for students who have yet to complete their first degree, usually prior to their final year of studies.
- Awards comprise a student stipend of £180 per week for up to 8 weeks.
- Applications must be made by the prospective supervisor on behalf of a named student.
- Supervisors must be a BSCB member before, or on the date of, the application. Only one application may be submitted per supervisor. There are no restrictions concerning the nationality of the student, nor do they have to be a student at a UK university.
- The research project must be on a topic in the broad area of cell biology and must not form part of the student’s normal degree work. Projects will be assessed for objective, achievability and opportunity to the student. Students are encouraged to undertake a project at an institution other than the one at which they are studying.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
March 31st 2017.