Applications for the Bob Warnicke Memorial Scholarship Fund are now being accepted. Those who are planning to attend post secondary education are welcome to apply. He or she must have a current USA BMX/BMX Canada license or Track Operators/Officials who participate in BMX racing events sanctioned by the USA BMX/BMX Canada. Varied amount of award will be given to the winners. The application deadline is 6 March 2017.
The Bob Warnicke Memorial Scholarship Fund was created to assist students and their families in meeting the costs of undergraduate college education, trade school, etc. The awards will be announced May 5, 2017 via the USA BMX website. Award recipients will be sent a letter and form to complete and return to the USA BMX office. Upon receipt of the completed form, the check will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the recipient’s intended school.
There is no detail information, please contact the employer for further information.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a high school senior, graduate or attending a post secondary school at the time of application.
- Be accepted and plan to attend an accredited post secondary school as a full-time or part time student for the complete award year.
- Have a current USA BMX/BMX Canada license or be a Track Operator/Official who participates in BMX racing events sanctioned by the USA BMX/BMX Canada.
The U.S citizens may apply this scholarship.
- Complete the formal application.
- Attach a copy of the letter of acceptance from the school you plan to attend if you are currently in high school or plan on changing colleges.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a USA BMX/BMX Canada Track Operator or Official that is not related to you. The second letter must be from a school/college guidance counselor, teacher or business reference, not related to you. These letters should state what they feel are your outstanding characteristics and why they feel you should receive this award. (NOTE: Applicants who have applied for a scholarship in previous years must submit reference letters from a different person each year.)
- Choose one of the essay questions listed on the application. Your answer may not exceed one page in length. (NOTE: Applicants who have applied for a scholarship in previous years must submit a different essay each year.)
- Submit a current transcript from your high school, trade school, and/or college. Transcripts must show current GPA.
- Submit two photographs (one head shot without your helmet and one in full race gear) with the application for publication.
6 March 2017.