Applications for the BIAW Scholarship is now open. Students who are living in Washington are welcome to apply. He or she must be currently studying construction related field. Minimum $10,000 will be given to the winning students. The closing date of application is 5 May 2017.
The Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) is the voice of the housing industry in Washington with nearly 8,000 member companies, employing over 200,000 workers, making BIAW the largest trade association in the state. BIAW welcomes Washington residents to apply for our scholarship, which may be used to fund almost any post-secondary education, i.e., 4-year, 2-year, community, vocational, public, private, with an emphasis in the construction-related industry.
The scholarship winners may expect to receive at least $10,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in home building related fields.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
This BIAW Education Scholarship Program is open to Washington residents who are pursuing education in construction related field.
The U.S citizens are welcome to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Application Form. Fill out completely or mark N/A if not applicable. Incomplete information may affect the rating of your application. All information you provide is strictly confidential.
- Three letters of recommendation describing your qualifications that make you a clear choice for a BIAW scholarship. At least two letters should be from those who interact with you in your professional life: supervisor, co-worker, counselor, teacher, etc.
- Academic transcript (unofficial copy allowed) from your last two semesters, three quarters, or a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Essay (250 words min.) on your career goals.
- Acknowledgement/support of a BIAW local homebuilders association in your area. See page 5 for a listing of BIAW’s local homebuilders associations.
All application packets must be postmarked by May 5, 2017.
If have any questions, please call BIAW Education Program Director Amanda Fields, ext. 114 at 360-352-7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.