This BAEF Research Fellowship Award is exclusively open to the U.S students who are intending to do research or graduate study (master/Ph.D) in Belgium. This year, up to ten awards are available. The value of those is 27,000 for Master’s or Ph.D. students and $31,000 for Post-doctoral Fellows. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 31 October 2016.
The Belgian American Educational Foundation (B.A.E.F.) encourages applications for fellowships for advanced study or research during one academic year, at a Belgian University or institution of higher learning. BAEF fellowships can start between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 and Fellows are expected to stay for a period of 12 months in Belgium. If the Fellow chooses to remain less than the full 12 months in Belgium, the stipend will be prorated accordingly. The minimum fellowship period is 6 months.
The B.A.E.F. will award up to ten fellowships as outright non-renewable grants carrying a stipend of $27,000 for Master’s or Ph.D. students and $31,000 for Post-doctoral Fellows.
Level and Area of Studies
Master, PhD and Post-doctoral program in any subject.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Applicants must either at the time of application be registered in a Ph.D. or equivalent degree program in the United States,
- or while holding the BAEF fellowship register in a graduate program (Master’s or Ph.D.) in Belgium,
- or hold a Master’s, Ph.D., or equivalent degree. Post-doctoral applicants should ny July 1, 2017 have no more than 2 years since obtaining their Ph.D. degree.
- Knowledge of Dutch,or French, or German is optional.
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the application link below.
31 October 2016.
For additional information contact the Foundation at this email address: Emile.Boulpaep@Yale .edu