The Ayudar Scholarship is now open. This call is exclusively intended to Colombian citizen who will be pursuing full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2016/17 at Exeter University. The winning students will receive up to £30,000. The closing date of application is 29th April 2016.
The funds are generously donated by an alumnus from the University of Exeter and his Colombian wife – Gerry and Clemencia Brown. Their desire is to support the development of talent in Colombia, and particularly talent which will make a positive social and environmental impact.
Value and Tenure
Up to £30,000 to cover the full cost of tuition fees plus a contribution to subsistence which is tenable for one year.
Level and Area of Studies
MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
Place of Study
At the University of Exeter, UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a Colombian citizen planning to return to Colombia and apply your learning after graduation;
- Have a clear and demonstrable case that, without the scholarship, you would not have the financial means to undertake a Masters in Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in the UK;
- Have a clear and demonstrable desire to make a difference in helping business to contribute back to society and/or improve the environment. You will need to write a compelling personal statement to demonstrate this;
- Have a good academic background with the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree;
- Meet the English language requirements for the MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
Only Colombian citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply, please apply online and include with this application a supporting statement of up to 1,000 words demonstrating how you meet the eligibility requirements of the award. In your statement please ensure you clearly address points 1, 2 and 3 outlined above separately.
The deadline for applications to this award is 29 April 2016.