Applications for the AFD-PSIA Student Scholarship is now being accepted. The scholarship is exclusively available for African students who will be undertaking master degree in Development Practice at Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA). The winning students will receive full-tuition grants. To apply, entries must be received by 10th January 2016.
The Agence Française de Développement (AFD) is the main implementing agency for France’s official development assistance to developing countries and overseas territories. In December 2012, AFD and PSIA launched a special partnership establishing an ambitious scholarship program and reinforcing their links by working on common projects.
The scholarship recipients award ranging from partial to full tuition fee grants are offered to incoming students in the Master in Development Practice at PSIA.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Development Practice.
Place of Study
Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) in France.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The AFD-PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to nationals of African countries only.
- Applicants must have already submitted a full application to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2016 intake through the Sciences Po Admissions Portal (including all supporting documents and references) and must have applied to PSIA’s Master in Development Practice (one-year program). Please note that only applicants successfully admitted to PSIA will be considered for the scholarship.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
Only students from African countries are invited to apply.
To apply, students are required send the following materials by email to psia.scholarships-at-sciencespo.fr with‘AFD-PSIA Scholarship Application 2016’ in the subject line. For all applicants:
- CV in English
- Cover letter of 1000 words in English addressed to the members of the joint selection committee
- Completed and signed release form.
For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above mentioned items (CV and cover letter), please also provide:
- Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs)
- Two letters of reference from professors. To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly by email to: psia.scholarships-at-sciencespo.fr
10 January 2016.